Students will be selected to attend Cedar Lake Christian Academy according to the following criteria:
- Desire to attend the Academy
- Mental ability
- Academic achievements
- Past school records-academic and citizenship
- Desire to do well and be self-disciplined
- Moral character
- Adherence to Christian principles
- Entrance Exam may be required to determine eligibility
- Age – According to Mississippi State Law, Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old prior to September 1st
- Interview with Principal or Board member(s). The applicant will need to present at the interview his/her last report card. The principal may also contact a pastor or most recent school principal for a recommendation for school admittance. NOTE: Students recently expelled from another school will not be granted admittance to CLCA.
- Your initial introduction includes an inquiry call and request for an admissions packet. Based upon the information provided, a school tour and admissions consultation with our Admissions Committee will be offered.
- Our Admissions Committee reviews the application and supporting materials. If it is determined that your child’s learning needs and our program are an appropriate match, the child will be invited to spend a day at CLCA.
- Pending a successful school visit, parents will receive a follow-up phone call advising of a final admissions decision.
- If there is not available space in the prospective student’s grade, the child will be wait listed pending an opening at his/her level. If space does not become available, the child will receive priority consideration for the following school year.